Longmeadow Historical Society

Collection area: Clubs and associations

Longmeadow Cemetery Association records, 1858-2015

3 boxes (1.4 linear feet)

Longmeadow Cemetery

Background Note
In 1870 the “Old Burying Ground” was filled to near capacity and a meeting was called to discuss the need for more space for the growing community. On July 12, 1872 the Longmeadow Cemetery Association was formed with capital stock of $,2000 divided into equal shares of $25 each. Its purpose was the establishment and subsequent care and control of a burial place divisible into lots for individual ownership in proximity to and within the same enclosing fence with the Parish Burying Ground, yet with separate control. Some of the original members of the Association included David Booth, William G. Medlicott, Stephen T. Colton, Thomas S. Cordis, and David E. Burbank.

Scope and Content Note
The collection includes correspondence related to bequests, interments, and grounds keeping; financial statements; minutes of meetings; articles of association and rules and regulations; records of interment and information on deeds to cemetery plots. The collection also includes lists of veterans of the American Revolution and Civil War buried in the Longmeadow Cemetery, several photographs, and a copy of “The Old Burying Yard”(1976), listing those buried in the original parish grounds.

The Longmeadow Cemetery Association has held on to some of their records. Board members maintain a website that includes some burial records: http://longmeadowcemetery.org/

Box and Folder Listing

Folder/Item label Date range Box:Folder
History undated 1:1
Articles of Association and Rules and regulations 1940-1967 1:2
Secretary’s records 1872-1907 1
Secretary’s records 1907-1953 1
Register of Deeds 1873-1969 1
“The Old Burying Yard” 1976 1
Register of Deeds 1969-2015 2
Interment book 1894-1922 2
Booth Lot 1965-1970 2:1
Correspondence relating to cemetery lots 1985-1986 2:2
Treasurer’s book 1872-1875 3:1
Financial statements 1905-1963 3:2
Miscellaneous papers A-C 1891-1979 3:3
Miscellaneous papers D-F 1959-1979 3:4
Miscellaneous papers G-J 1909-1980 3:5
Miscellaneous papers K-M 1868, 1948-1980 3:6
Miscellaneous papers N-P 1942-1959 3:7
Miscellaneous papers Q-S 1954-1969 3:8
Massachusetts Society of the Sons of the Revolution 1922-1959 3:9
Miscellaneous papers 1902-1905, undated 3:10
Miscellaneous papers 1934-1985 3:11
Miscellaneous papers 1940-1941, 1970, undated 3:12
Miscellaneous papers 1858-1938 3:13
Miscellaneous papers 1884, 1958, 1976-1986, undated 3:14
Photographs 1912 and undated 3:15
Cemetery plan for “The Old Burying Yard” 1976 Oversized folder 1
Plan of Lots, Longmeadow Cemetery Association, Robert T. Bitters, engineer. 1958 Box on F1-G1


  • Associations, institutions, etc.--Massachusetts
  • Burial
  • Cemeteries--Longmeadow (Mass.)
  • First Church in Longmeadow (Longmeadow, Mass.)
  • Booth, David
  • Burbank, David E.
  • Colton, Stephen T.
  • Cordis, Thomas S.
  • Medlicott, William G.
Types of material
  • Burial records
  • Photographs

Longmeadow clubs and associations collection, 1823-1997

8 boxes (4.2 linear feet)

Background Note
From temperance societies to tennis clubs, Longmeadow has a rich history of community service and involvement. This collection documents the various clubs, associations, and organizations of Longmeadow and includes items from the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions, the American Legion Auxiliary, the Doane Orphanage, the Longmeadow Country Club, the Longmeadow Improvement Corporation, the Longmeadow Maternal Association, the Longmeadow Temperance Society, the Longmeadow Street Improvement Association, and the Longmeadow Women’s Club.

Much of the collection provides only a snapshot or glimpse of the various activities of these clubs and associations. The Longmeadow Women’s Club, however, has a more complete set of records. Organized in 1893 to “promote improvement in moral, social, and intellectual life,” early endeavors included leading Longmeadow’s effort in aid of the Spanish-American War, providing flowers to the ill, and food baskets to those in need. In 1935 the club began a scholarship fund to assist promising Longmeadow students. Other efforts included working with patients at the Northampton Veterans Hospital and entertaining convalescent children. The club also invited guest speakers, who addressed a variety of topics including literature and the arts, antiques, politics, and ecology. The club disbanded in 1997.

Scope and Content Note
The Longmeadow Women’s Club records include Secretary reports, minutes of Regular and Annual meetings and a nearly complete run of Yearbooks, which include lists of officers, committees, programs, brief biographies of program contributors, and lists of active members.

Other items in the collection include minutes from the Longmeadow Street Improvement Association, 1876-1938, which discuss mowing, sidewalk construction, the Elm tree beetle, and other issues pertaining to maintenance and upkeep. Minutes and a scrapbook from the American Legion Auxiliary provide information on various activities including election of officers, the annual “weenie” roast, poppy sales, suppers, and other activities in support of veterans and their families.
Box and Folder Listing

Folder/Item label Description/Date range Box:Folder
American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions Receipt, 1823, list of missionaries, undated 1:1
American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions Missionary Society dues book, 1905-1910 1:2
American Legion 1920-22, undated 1:3
American Legion Auxiliary Minutes, 1920-1943 1
American Legion Auxiliary Scrapbook, 1943-1977 1
American Tract Society of Longmeadow Constitution and members list, undated 1:4
Boys Scouts of America Newspaper clippings, 1953 and undated; photographs, 1933 1:5
Committee on Public Safety Flyers, 1917 and undated 1:6
British War Relief Society, Inc. Longmeadow Branch Program, 1941 1:7
Doane Orphanage Newspaper clippings, 1915-1994; typed histories, 1984 and undated; correspondence, 1984 and 1994 2:1
Doane Orphanage Hand painted sign, undated Oversize folder 1
Freemasons. Longmeadow Lodge Programs, 1965-1967 2:2
Girl Scouts of the United States of America Newspaper clipping, 1983 and Troop certificate, 1954 2:3
Homemakers Forum Miscellaneous papers including membership and program lists, 1947-1984 2:4
League of Women Voters of the Springfield Area Longmeadow handbook, 1976 2:5
Longmeadow Conservation Commission Newspaper clippings, 1969 and Longmeadow Natural Resource Development Potential Map, circa 1960 2:6
Longmeadow Country Club Newsletters, 1995-1997, printed history, 1972, and miscellaneous papers,1966-1997, undated 2:7
Longmeadow Gardeners Brochure, 1989 and newspaper clippings, 1968 and undated 2:8
Longmeadow Gentlemen’s Association List of officers and accounts, 1827-1830 2:9
Longmeadow Historic District Commission “A Plan for Historic Preservation”, 1988 and brochure, undated 2:10
Longmeadow Improvement Corporation Papers, 1921-1927 2:11
Longmeadow Maternal Association Yearbook, 1935 newspaper clippings, 1935-1990’s, photocopy of Constitution, undated, and Bicentennial Quilt booklet, 1976 2:12
Longmeadow Men’s Club Longmeadow Country Fair program, 1945 2:13
Longmeadow Men’s Club Minstrel show photograph, 1933 Oversize photographs box 1
Longmeadow Minutemen Company 2:14
Longmeadow Players Typed history, 1983 2:15
Longmeadow Street Improvement Association Treasurer’s book, 1877-1938 2:16
Longmeadow Street Improvement Association Minutes, 1876-1938 2:17
Longmeadow Temperance Society Minutes, 1828-1841 2:18
Longmeadow Tennis Club By-laws. 1915 and rules, undated 2:19
Longmeadow Tennis Club Photographs, 1914, 1916, and undated 2:20
Longmeadow Women’s Club President’s papers, 1989-1990 3:1
Longmeadow Women’s Club President’s papers, 1990-1991 3:2
Longmeadow Women’s Club Description of duties of Vice-President 3:3
Longmeadow Women’s Club Scholarship Bridge Tea, 1987-1989 3:4
Longmeadow Women’s Club Scholarship Bridge Tea, 1987-1989 3:5
Longmeadow Women’s Club Scholarship Bridge Tea, 1990 3:6
Longmeadow Women’s Club Scholarship Bridge Tea, 1991 3:7
Longmeadow Women’s Club Scholarship description, undated 3:8
Longmeadow Women’s Club Miscellaneous, 1922-1990 3:9
Longmeadow Women’s Club Miscellaneous, 1913-1993 3:10
Longmeadow Women’s Club Miscellaneous, 1893-1997 3:11
Longmeadow Women’s Club Miscellaneous, 1893-1995 3:12
Longmeadow Women’s Club Constitution and by-laws, 1929-1957, 1986; Minutes of regular and annual meetings, 1964-1977, 1977 -1993, 1993-1997; Secretary’s report, 4 vols., 1900-1945; Reports of Executive Board, 1963-1973, 1974-1989; Board meeting reports, 1930-1947; Treasurer’s statement, 1900-1920; Scholarship account, 1934-1979; Notes for addresses to various meetings, 1966-1990; printing plate; gavel. 4
Longmeadow Women’s Club Yearbooks, 1899-1945 5
Longmeadow Women’s Club Yearbooks, 1945-1996 6
Longmeadow Women’s Club Scrapbooks, 1968-1976, 1976-1993 and photo album, 1972-1973 7
Massachusetts Volunteer Aid Association Papers, 1888-1899, 1936, and undated 8:1
North End Improvement Association Papers, 1915-1917 and undated 8:2
Richard Salter Storrs Library Papers 8:3
Richard Salter Storrs Library Newspaper clippings 8:4
Richard Salter Storrs Library Photographs 8:5
17th Century Association 8:6
T.T.T. Club Photograph 8:7
Washington Benevolent Society Ribbons, undated and newspaper clipping, 1907 8:8
Washington Temperance Society Minutes, 1842-1845 8:9


  • Associations, institutions, etc.--Massachusetts
  • Charities
  • Societies--History, organization, etc.
  • Women--Societies and clubs
Types of material
  • Minutes (Records)
  • Photographs

Longmeadow Historical Society institutional records, 1899-2015

14 boxes (5.8 linear feet)

Background Note
The first organizational meeting of the Longmeadow Historical Society was held June 3, 1899. Supper was prepared by the Ladies Sewing Society, and afterwards they gathered with interested friends around an old oak “study table” that had belonged to the first minister of First Church, Reverend Stephen Williams. A display of town artifacts inspired interest as a proposed constitution and bylaws were presented. In November of that year the Society had secured papers of incorporation and had elected its first officers. The stated purpose of the society was to encourage an interest in the history of the town by providing lectures, and collecting papers, furniture, and articles illustrating town life in past times. Dues were 50 cents per year.

The first exhibition sponsored by the Society took place in October of 1899. Besides special Longmeadow artifacts, it included a reproduction of an old kitchen with fireplace and spinning wheel. At its first annual meeting on October 31st, three ladies presented papers on historical subjects: Mrs. McQueen spoke on “Longmeadow of the Past;” Mrs. S.E. Meacham on “Old Home Life in New England;” and Mrs. C.S. Gates on “Legendry, Lore, and Superstition.” Members voted at that meeting to lend the society’s support to Memorial Day observances. In 1907 Miss Sarah Storrs, a descendent of Longmeadow’s second minister, the Rev. Richard Salter Storrs, died and left all her real estate and some money to be used to establish a library. The real estate included the historic Storrs homestead, which was built in about 1786.

In 1932 when the Storrs Library Association decided to build a new library, it offered the use of Storrs House to the Historical Society on the condition that the society restore, repair, and maintain it. The house was moved twelve feet to the south and about thirty feet back to make room for the library. In the process it was provided with a new foundation but lost its front porch, a glassed porch on the south side and two additions.

Since that time the Society has continued to encourage an interest in Longmeadow’s past through a variety of programs, events, and exhibits. Long Meddowe Days, a community fair focusing on history first held in 1979, is the primary fundraising event for the Society. Rooms and exhibits at Storrs House draw from the Society’s holdings to shed light on various periods of Longmeadow’s past. The Society also gives tours of the house, sponsors talks, and hosts “Ghosts in the Graveyard,” an evening tour of Longmeadow’s old burying ground at First Church, which includes dramatizations of former citizens. In addition to assisting those with inquiries about people or events associated with Longmeadow’s history, the Society also provides additional resources through its website with links to digitized materials including the Reverend Stephen Williams diaries; Town Reports; past copies of the “Town Crier,” the Society’s newsletter; Paesiello Emerson photographs; and genealogies.

Scope and Content Note
The Longmeadow Historical Society’s institutional archives document the Society’s efforts in preservation and outreach. Materials include minutes, guest books, Treasurer’s reports and records, papers relating to several past Presidents of the Society, Historian’s Reports, publications, and photographs. Papers related to Long Meddowe Days include: programs, committee lists, minutes, bills and expense information, and newspaper clippings. Of particular interest are the yearly Historian’s Reports (1908-1959), which include not only information on past Longmeadow families and homes, but also touch upon significant events of the preceding year. These include recent deaths, the 1938 hurricane, World War II, local real estate developments and public works. The Society’s newsletters and publications provide insight into the various programs and outreach undertaken by the Society.
Box and Folder Listing

Folder/Item label Date range Box:Folder
Minutes 1899-1961 1
Minutes 1961-1981 1
Minutes, Board of Directors 1908-1937 1
Minutes 1981-1989 2
Minutes 1990-1996 2
Minutes 1995-1999 2:1
Origins of the L.H.S, papers and notes undated 3:1
Historian’s Reports 1908-1959 3:2
Historian’s notes and papers undated 3:3
Newspaper clippings 1930-2013 3:4
Newspaper clippings and advertising circa 1931-1989 3:5
Membership: dues paid 1899-1908 3:6
Membership lists 1964, 1967, 1969, 1979 3:7
Membership cards circa 1965-1978 3:8
Professional Associations: Bay State Historical League correspondence, bulletins, and miscellaneous papers 1959-1985 3:9
Professional Associations: Western Massachusetts Historical Society Buletins 1955 3:10
Invoice from Conway, dealer in pianos and organs 1903 4:1
Receipts and payments 1936-1958 4
Checkbook 1942-1954 4
Treasurer’s book 1958-1964 4
Financial statements 1978-1988 4:2
Treasurer’s reports 1995-1998 4:3
Presidents: Robert McTaggart and George Heckman 1967-1979 5:1
Presidents: Timothy Paige 1979-1980 5:2
Presidents: June Guild 1981-1982 5:3
Presidents: Charles Wilkinson 1983-1984 5:4-5
Presidents: Brewster Sturtevant 1985-1987 5:6
Storrs House:Storrs Library Property (photocopies) 1931-1986 6:1
Storrs House: unpublished histories undated 6:2
Storrs House: Colonial Homes magazine 1992 6:3
Storrs House: Homestead View Company set of mounted photographs of house, grounds and views circa 1890s 6:4
Storrs House: photographs of exterior undated 6:5-6
Storrs House: interior photographs 1986, undated 6:7
Storrs House: photographs of exhibits and tours 1983,1985 6:8
Storrs House: photographs of Christmas decorations 1995 6:9
Storrs House: photograph of Longmeadow Historical Society members enacting a 1783 dinner party, including two in black face. 1908 6:10
Storrs House: restorations and repairs 1990-1991 6:11
Storrs House: drawings for proposed additions 1968-1969 Oversized folder 3
Guest book 1921-1948 7
Guest book 1949-1957 7
Guest book 1958-1961 7
Guest book 1967-1973 7
Guest book 1973-1988 7
Board sign-in book 1974-1990 7
Board sign-in book 1991-2005 7
Board sign-in book 2005-2015 7
Ledger of items borrowed and returned 1988-2013 7
Publications: The Town Crier 1912 8:1
Publications: The Town Crier manuscripts and related materials 1912 8:2
Publications: The Town Crier typescript copy 1912 8:3
Publications: Meadow Crier 1975 8:4
Publications: The Long Meddowe Recorder 1981-1985 8:5
Publications: newsletter 1999-2001 8:6
Publications: The Town Crier 2002-2007 8:7
Publications: The Town Crier 2008-2015 8:8
Publications: brochures 1908-1994, undated 8:9
Publications: booklets 1988-1994, undated 8:10
Publications: Reflections of Longmeadow photographs used in book circa 1983, undated 9:1
Publications: Reflections of Longmeadow documents and correspondence 1983-1998 9:2
Publications: Reflections of Longmeadow drafts circa 1983 9:3
Publications: Reflections of Longmeadow drafts circa 1983 9:4
Publications: Reflections of Longmeadow drafts circa 1983 9:5
Publications: Reflections of Longmeadow, second printing 1998 9
Long Meddowe Days 1979-1980 10
Long Meddowe Days 1979-1980 10
Long Meddowe Days 1981 10
Long Meddowe Days: photographs 1981 10
Long Meddowe Days: photographs undated 10:1
Long Meddowe Days 1983 11:1-4
Long Meddowe Days 1984 11:5
Long Meddowe Days 1984 12:1
Long Meddowe Days 1985 12:2
Long Meddowe Days 1986 12:3
Long Meddowe Days 1987 12:4
Long Meddowe Days 1987-1993 12:5
Long Meddowe Days 1988 13:1
Long Meddowe Days 1989 13:2
Long Meddowe Days 1990 13:3
Long Meddowe Days 1990 13
Long Meddowe Days 1991 13:4
Long Meddowe Days 1992 14:1
Long Meddowe Days 1993 14:2
Long Meddowe Days 1994 14:3
Long Meddowe Days 1995 14:4
Long Meddowe Days 1996 14:5
Long Meddowe Days 1997 14:6
Long Meddowe Days 1998 14:7
Long Meddowe Days: papers collected by treasurer Philip N. Clark 1989-1998 14:8-9
Long Meddowe Days 1999 14:10
Long Meddowe Days 2000 14:11
Long Meddowe Days 2003 14:12
Long Meddowe Days: poster 2003 Oversized folder 3
Long Meddowe Days 2013 14:13


  • Celebrations--Massachusetts--Longmeadow
  • History--Societies, etc.
  • Longmeadow (Mass.)--Centennial celebrations, etc.
  • Longmeadow (Mass.)--History
Types of material
  • Minutes (Records)
  • Newsletters
  • Photographs

Longmeadow subject files, ca. 1759, 1810 to present

8 boxes (3.3 linear feet)

Scope and Content Note
The Longmeadow subject files include various materials relating to the town of Longmeadow and the surrounding area. The collection is arranged into several broad categories including businesses, general Longmeadow history, military history, transportation, and nearby towns.

Materials in the collection consist primarily of newspaper clippings, book and magazine articles, pamphlets, ephemera, written histories, and photographs. Primary source documents in the collection include several early 19th century muster rolls; a history of Civilian Defense in Longmeadow during World War II; and materials relating the Enfield Falls Dam, 1854-1856. The collection also includes materials related to Springfield, Deerfield, and Enfield, Connecticut, as well as an unpublished history of Longmeadow written in the 1960s.
Box and Folder Listing

Folder/Item label Description/Date range Box:Folder
Anabaptists “An Act Further to Exempt person commonly called Anabaptists within in this Province…from being taxed for and toward support of ministers,” incomplete draft or copy, undated 1:1
Businesses – Azariah Woolworth’s Brick Shoe Shop Photograph of building and notes, undated 1:2
Businesses – Cock O’ the Walk Opening day card, undated 1:3
Businesses – General Newspaper clippings, 1962-1993 1:4
Businesses – Gristmill (Holland, John) Newspaper clipping, 1887 1:5
Businesses – Ink Business card for Markine ink and carried through the Civil War by Isaac W. Coomes, according to a note on back 1:6
Businesses – Longmeadow Flowers Newspaper clipping, 1998 1:7
Businesses – Longmeadow Shops, Bliss Road Newspaper clippings, letter, 1962-1995 1:8
Businesses – Radasch Dairy Bottle caps, 1920s 1:9
Businesses – The Ridgewood Press Letter and “Saluzzo’s Bride and Other Verses,” Frederic Whitmore, 1934 1:10
Businesses – The Separate Shop Sales brochure, 1960s 1:11
Businesses – Spectacle Shop Business card and Sumner W. Gates’ account of spectacle making in Longmeadow, undated 1:12
Businesses – The Store Brief written account, undated 1:13
Businesses – Turner Park Hofbrau Menu, undated 1:14
Businesses – Wade and Burnham Photocopy of patent for lamp burner, 1858 1:15
Businessmen Newspaper clippings 1:16
Enfield Falls Dam Papers, 1850s 1:17
Floods Newspaper clippings 1:18
Gold Cane Award Newspaper clippings 1:19
History – General 1:20
History – General 1:21
History – General – Colonial Era Newspaper clippings 1:22
History – General – Bailey, Henry Lincoln “History of Longmeadow” complete manuscript, 1933 1:23
History – General – Bailey, Henry Lincoln “History of Longmeadow,” manuscript, pages 1-53, 1933 1:24
History – General – Bailey, Henry Lincoln “History of Longmeadow” manuscript, pages 54-105, 1933 1:25
History – General – Falk, Amy “The Changing Democracy of Longmeadow, Massachusetts, 1644-1983; A Persistent Drive for Institutional Autonomy,” 1983 1:26
History – General – Shea, Katherine Ellen (Betty) “Longmeadow Memories,” 1984 and “Yesteryear Scenes,” undated 1:27
History – General – Weller History of Longmeadow. Drafts of an unpublished history of Longmeadow undertaken by the Historical Society, 1960s 2
History – General – Weller History of Longmeadow. Drafts of an unpublished history of Longmeadow undertaken by the Historical Society, 1960s 3
History – Military – Muster Rolls 1811-1833, undated 4:1
History – Military – Payroll undated 4:2
History – Military – Training Field Grant 1673, 1759 4:3
History – Military – Civil War Military badges commemorating Civil War, 1869, 1882, and 1884; Confederate currency, 1862, 1954 4:4
History – Military – World War I 1918-1919, undated 4:5
History – Military – World War I – Photographs Aerial and stereo views, 1916-1919 4:6
History – Military – World War I – Posters Posters for War bonds, 1917-1918 Oversize folder 2
History – Military – World War II 4:7
History – Military – World War II 4:8
History – Military – World War II 4:9
History – Military – World War II ARP bags 4:10
History – Military – World War II Civil Defense armband and pennant 4:11
History – Military – World War II Wrapper for bar of gold #902 accompanied by certification by Woodbury Willoughby, [1942] Oversize box 1
History – Military – Veterans Newspaper clippings, undated 4:12
History – Native Americans 5:1
History – Post Office 5:2
History – Schools Typed history, undated 5:3
History – Slaves Newspaper clipping, 1981 5:4
History – Transportation – General 5:5
History – Transportation – Dunn Field Newspaper clippings 5:6
History – Transportation – Railroad Depot and Trolley 5:7
History – Transportation – Railroads “The Railroad History of Longmeadow, Massachusetts,” Victor M. Newton, 1981 5:8
History – Transportation – Streets and Roads Newspaper clippings, photographs 5:9
History – The Well on the Green Includes correspondence and reports related to the excavation of the well, newspaper clippings, 1981-1982 5:10
History – Women’s Suffrage Letters, 1914 and undated 5:11
Publications – “Talk of the Town” 1980 5:12
Publications – “Longmeadow News” 1969 5:13
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts Newspaper clippings, 1991 and brochure 1989 6:1
Chicopee Falls “The Old Cemetery at Chicopee Falls,” 1973 6:2
Deerfield, Massachusetts 6:3
Enfield, Connecticut 6:4
Enfield, Connecticut – Shakers 6:5
Granville, Massachusetts Nobel and Cooley brochures, 1990, 1994 and undated, newspaper clipping, 1998 6:6
Ripton, Massachusetts Newspaper clippings and correspondence, 1985 6:7
Somers, Connecticut A brief history of the Somers Congregational Church, 1994 6:8
Springfield – Businesses Kibbe Brothers and Co. assorted candy in bulk label, undated 6:9
Springfield – History – General 6:10
Springfield – History – General Newspaper clippings 6:11
Springfield – History – Thomas Stebbins warrant assembling the proprietors of the inward commons of Springfield, 1730 6:12
Springfield – Museum of Fine Arts and Art League 6:13
Springfield – Springfield Institution for Savings Calendars, 1985-1986 and printed history, 1977 7:1
Springfield – Western Bank Stock certificate, 1853 7:2
Springfield – Miscellaneous printed materials 1886-1976 7:3
Springfield – Miscellaneous printed materials Springfield Free Schools Standing School Committee broadside, 1825, R. Surtleff auction announcement, 1843, Printed list of stamp duties published for Bridgman and Co., Springfield, undated Oversize box 1
Springfield – Miscellaneous printed materials Poster for Hampden County Agricultural Society Horse and Cattle Show, 1866 Oversize folder 2
West Springfield Assessors warrant, 1798 and Storrowton brochure, undated 7:4
West Springfield Real estate valuation books, 1913 and 1916 7:5
West Springfield List of People Assessed a Poll Tax, 1914-1920 7:6
Wilbraham, Massachusetts Newspaper clippings, 1993 7:7
Massachusetts – General Statement of banks in Massachusetts, 1812 and “An Act Relating to the calling of a Convention of Delegates…,”1820 7:8
Photographs – Businesses -General 8:1
Photographs – Businesses – Turner Park Hofbrau Photographs, 1950s 8:2
Photographs – History – Cooley Brook Photographic postcard, undated and newspaper clipping, 1988 8:3
Photographs – History – Floods Photograph, 1913 8:4
Photographs – History – Hurricane Photograph, 1938 8:5
Photographs – History – The Longmeadows Photograph, undated 8:6
Photographs – History – Transportation – Streets and Roads Various photographs, 1916 and undated 8:7
Photographs – History – The Well on the Green Photos left by Jeanette C. Faszewski 8:8
Photographs – History – The Well on the Green Photos from Brooke S, Blades, 1981 8:9
Photographs – Deerfield, Massachusetts – Dwight-Barnard House Postcard, 1963 8:10
Photographs – Enfield, Connecticut Congregational Church postcard, undated 8:11
Photographs – Springfield, Massachusetts 1893, 1896 and undated 8:12
Photographs – Springfield, Massachusetts 1922, 1927 and undated 8:13


  • Longmeadow (Mass.)--Commerce
  • Longmeadow (Mass.)--History
  • Military history
Types of material
  • Clippings
  • Ephemera
  • Photographs
  • Posters