Massachusetts Archives


Daily register [Lyman School for Boys]

Part of: Lyman School for Boys

Daily register, 1848-1901.

4 volumes
Call no.: HS8.05/846X

Scope and Content: The State Reform School was founded in 1847 and opened in 1848 at Westborough for the instruction, discipline, employment, and reform of male juvenile offenders in Massachusetts.  It was renamed the Lyman School for Boys in 1884 and closed in 1972.  Register tabulates monthly commitment and discharge statistics.
Arrangement: Arranged by case no./chronologically
Notes: Deposited in the Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe College, May 7, 1976.  Transferred to Archives, November 11, 1982. Volume 1: 1848-1861. Volume 2: 1861-1877. Volume 3: 1877-1894. Volume 4: 1894-1901. Reel GSU 472: 1848-Mar. 1859.  Reel GSU 473: Mar. 1859-1901
Related Catalog Records:


Search collections

Collection categories

Browse collections