.

Massachusetts Archives

CHC

Receipts [Massachusetts Commissioners on Public Lands]

Part of: Massachusetts Commissioners on Public Lands

Receipts, 1863-1868.

1 document box
Call no.: EN3.04/1074X

Scope and Content: The Commissioners on Public Lands were established in 1861 to oversee Boston Harbor and Back Bay lands.  In 1863 they assumed full responsibility for the maintenance and care of the Mill Dam (now Beacon Street) and the roads and bridges connecting to it.  Receipts were maintained by the commissioners to provide a record of funds received and disbursed in the course of carrying out these responsibilities.
Arrangement: Arranged chronologically by year
Related Catalog Records:

Archivegrid
OCLC

Search collections

Collection categories

Browse collections

information